CYP FOOD SERVICE WORKER, NA-7408-04
- Announcement Number:
- NAF - 149083
- Child Care
- Position Status:
- Flex, No Benefits
- $16.10 - Hourly (Locality Pay Incuded)
- Areas of Consideration:
- Local Commuting Area
- Relocation Expenses:
- Not Authorized
- Application Email:
DUE TO THE PANDEMIC APPLICATIONS MAY ONLY BE SUBMITTED VIA EMAIL TO Jennifer.email@example.com OR FAX TO 559-998-4892
BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES: The purpose of the CYP Food Service Worker position is to perform a variety of food preparation and food service tasks. Tasks consist of several steps that require attention to work operations and established sequence of work. These tasks, which are summarized into categories include but not limited to food preparation and service, kitchen maintenance, and food storage. This position is located in a child development center (CDC) but may assist at the Youth Center. Irregular working hours will be required to include early shift, late shift, evenings, weekends and holidays. Performs other related duties as required.
- Must be 18 years of age and a high school graduate or equivalent.
- Must obtain and maintain a valid food handler’s card.
- Knowledge and understanding of food handling techniques, personal hygiene standards, and safe work procedures.
- Knowledge of techniques for measuring ingredients and basic understanding of recipe construction.
- Working knowledge of sanitation standards and procedures to prevent contamination.
- Knowledge of basic arithmetic.
- Working knowledge of diet principle.
- Skill to perform tasks involving several procedures.
- Skill to overcome practical production problems, evaluate final food products, and initiate corrective action when an item does not meet established quality standards.
- Skill to develop standardized recipes for quantity cooking; able to expand and modify recipes according to the capacity of the equipment in the kitchen as well and in response to adjustments in the number of servings required.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment physical, provide evidence of immunization and be free from communicable disease.
- Must satisfactorily obtain or complete required training certificates and maintain certifications or credentials that are required.
- Must be able to lift up to 40lbs.
- Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively in English both verbally and in writing.
- Must meet Federal Employment suitability requirements and successful completion of background investigation. Background Investigations are conducted using fingerprint identification and completion of background inquiry forms.
HOW TO APPLY: DUE TO THE PANDEMIC APPLICATIONS MAY ONLY BE SUBMITTED VIA EMAIL TO Jennifer.firstname.lastname@example.org OR FAX TO 559-998-4892. Applicants claiming spouse preference must complete a NAF employment application, complete a spousal preference form and attach copy of valid PCS orders. Submitted applications will be retained for 90 days. For more information, visit our website at https://navylifesw.com/lemoore/about/jobs . Resumes will not be accepted without NAF employment Application. Applicants who do not meet the above requirements or submit all required forms may not be considered. Due to volume of applications received, applicants may not be notified of non-selection. Management reserves the right to fill the vacancy by methods other than merit staffing procedures or cancel the vacancy announcement at any time during the recruitment process.
As a condition of employment, participation in direct deposit/Electronic Fund Transfer upon employment is required.
We are an E-Verify participant.
Applications submitted to any FFR facility or Program Manager other than the HRO Office will not be considered.
Dept. of the Navy NAF is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation or any other non-merit factors. Reasonable accommodations are provided to applicants with disabilities. If reasonable accommodation is needed for any part of the application and hiring process, please contact the Human Resource Office. The decision on granting reasonable accommodations will be on a case-by-case basis.
Navy Region Southwest is a drug-free workplace. The use of illegal drugs by NAF employees, whether on or off duty, cannot and will not be tolerated. Federal employees have a right to a safe and secure workplace. Sailors and their family members have a right to reliable and productive Federal workforce.