How do I choose a school?
We know the importance of choosing a school that best meets the needs of your military child(ren). Even though we are unable to make direct recommendations for schools, we are available to help you acquire information and research the schools within NRSW. We can provide overall information on districts as well as help you determine what schools you might be mapped to once you have a residence. Academic, demographic, and fiscal information on California schools can be found using the following resources:

California Dashboard
School Accountability Report Card

What are enrollment options?
Public school enrollment is based on home of residence; however, there are some exceptions. Depending on the district, there are options to enroll based on place of employment or to apply for an inter-district transfer. Charter schools in the area have their own policies depending on their charter. Several private schools and online schools are also available. 

What are the health and immunization requirements?
Review the Immunization and health check up fact sheet for the California Department of Education. Once you determine where you will live and what school your child will attend, you should also check with your school to be sure there are no additional districtrequirements.

What are the School Registration procedures?
Each school district has its own registration policies and procedures. Before you establish residency, please check with the district/school where you intend to enroll your child(ren) to verify school boundaries/charter enrolments, or transfers processes. School district boundary mas are available on district websites. The documents you should hand-carry for your new school are listed in the School-Transfer-Checklist

What do I do if am on the housing wait-list or am in temporary housing?
School districts within school boundaries of military housing are familiar with this situation. Depending on the district, parents may be asked to provide proof they are residing in temporary accommodation, a letter from housing stating the family is on the housing wait-list, or military orders. If you have questions or issues, please contact the NAS Lemoore School Liaison Officer.

How do I provide proof of residency if my family is staying in temporary accommodation?
Schools surrounding the installation are familiar with the PCS process. Schools will make accommodations on proof ofresidency until families have a permanent home. Elementary schools on base will also accept proof of employment at NAS Lemoore in lieu of residency. If you have questions or any issues with residency, please contact the School Liaison Officer.

What is the Interstate Compact and what can it do for my family?
The Interstate Compact on Educational Opportunity for Military Children provides for the uniform treatment of military children transferring between public school districts and states. The goal of the Compact is to replace the widely varying policies affecting transitioning military students. The Compact addresses key educational transition issues encountered by military families including enrollment, placement, attendance, eligibility and graduation. Visit the Interstate Compact Commission for more information.

What options are there for before and after school care?
For students attending Akers and R.J Neutra schools on the installation, before and after school care is offered at the Youth Program School Age Care, or Child Development Homes (CDH). Information and registration is available at Other schools may offer on-site before and/or after school care. Please contact the school or school district office for more information on their programs.

What do I do if I’m moving with a child with special needs?
In the Navy, your School Liaison Officer can help you with the special needs navigation of the school or district where you are planning to send your child(ren). You should also contact the Exceptional Family Member Program (EFMP) to ensure you are enrolled and to inquire on the local information and resources they offer.

Can School Liaison Officers advocate in an IEP for my child?
The Navy School Liaisons are not able to advocate on your behalf. In our program, we offer information, resources and help you find the right people to talk to at the school or district. If you ever have issues with your IEP or school, please call your School Liaison Officer for community resources on Special Education guidance and direct assistance.


Relocating to the Southwest?

Moves can be stressful. We’ve gathered some important information for you to ease the transition.


Facility Directory

Use the directory to quickly locate a facility’s building or phone number and their hours of operation.



Break the ICE! Tell us how we’re doing. Rate your experience at our facilities.


About Us

Learn more about Fleet & Family Readiness Programs and services.


Contact Us

Have a question, comment or feedback on our website, let us know.



Partner with Navy MWR to enhance events for our military community while gaining valuable promotional benefits for your business.



MWR movie theaters are open to all active duty, reservists, retirees, dependents, DoD civilians, their sponsored guests, and individual contractors. Come one, come all... just come hungry! That's how we keep our movies FREE!



Discount tickets to most Southern California attractions are available at special prices just for the military. Roller coasters, water slides and live entertainment venues are just a few of the ticket offerings.


Job Opportunities

Join our team! Check out our current Fleet & Family Readiness job openings.